Project Proposal: Closures for Java

Neal Gafter neal at
Wed Apr 9 23:17:00 PDT 2008

Please reply to discuss at

In accordance with the OpenJDK guidelines for projects I hereby propose an openjdk project
"Closures for Java".  This project will be used for the development of the
OpenJDK Community Innovators' Challenge proposal of the same name
Development as an OpenJDK project is required by the OpenJDK Challenge Rules  I propose this project be
sponsored by the OpenJDK compiler group and hereby call for votes on the
formation of the project within the compiler group.  I volunteer to be the
moderator of the project.

Members of the compiler group: please vote on the creation of this project
by responding to discuss at