Project Proposal: Common VM Interface

Paul Hohensee Paul.Hohensee at Sun.COM
Fri Apr 18 11:32:55 PDT 2008

I'm given to understand that my previous email proposing a
"Common VM Interface" project was somewhat ill-formatted and
out of order.  Please consider it withdrawn and replaced by
the following.

In accordance with the OpenJDK guidelines for projects [1],
I hereby propose an OpenJDK project to be called "The Common VM
Interface" to host the development of a VM/JDK interface document
and corresponding Hotspot/OpenJDK prototype.  The proposal is
available at

I suggest this project be sponsored by the Hotspot Group [2] and
that I be the initial moderator of the project.

Thank you,