Project Proposal: "Zero-assembler port of OpenJDK"

Dalibor Topic Dalibor.Topic at Sun.COM
Fri Aug 1 11:07:44 PDT 2008

In accordance with the OpenJDK guidelines for projects [1],
I hereby propose on behalf of Gary Benson
an OpenJDK Project "Zero-assembler port of OpenJDK".

This Project will be used for the development of
a port of OpenJDK that uses no assembler and
therefore can trivially be built on any system.[2]

I propose this project be sponsored by the Porters Group [3]
and that I be the initial moderator of the project.

dalibor topic

Dalibor Topic                   Tel: (+49 40) 23 646 738
Java F/OSS Ambassador           AIM: robiladonaim
Sun Microsystems GmbH           Mobile: (+49 177) 2664 192
Nagelsweg 55
D-20097 Hamburg                 mailto:Dalibor.Topic at
Amtsgericht München: HRB 161028
Geschäftsführer: Thomas Schröder, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Bömer