CFV: New Project: Verona
iris.clark at oracle.com
Fri Feb 13 20:22:37 UTC 2015
I hereby propose the creation of the Verona Project with Iris Clark as the
Lead and Core Libraries as the sponsoring Group.
This Project will implement the new JDK version string as described in JEP 223
. The new version-string scheme is designed to easily distinguish major,
minor, and security-update releases.
Iris Clark has worked on the JDK since 1999, first as a developer on the javac
compiler team and later as Core Libraries technical lead for Java SE 5.0, Java
SE 6, and Java SE 7. In her current role she assists with on-boarding new
OpenJDK Projects and is an author of the new version scheme.
The initial Reviewers, Committers, and Authors will be:
- Pete Brunet (Committer, Client)
- Sergey Bylokhov (Reviewer, Client)
- David Dehaven (Committer, Client)
- Magnus Ihse Bursie (Reviewer, Build)
- David Katleman (Reviewer, RE)
- Dinesh Malav (Author, Client)
- Alex Menkov (Committer, Client)
- Alejandro Murillo (Committer, HotSpot)
- Mark Reinhold (Reviewer)
- Alexey Semenyuk (Author, Client)
- Steve Sides (Author, SQE)
- Kumar Srinivasan (Reviewer, LangTools)
(Role based on current Project JDK 9 role .)
Votes are due by 11:00 PM UTC on Friday, 27 February .
Only current OpenJDK Members  are eligible to vote on this motion. Votes
must be cast in the open on the discuss list. Replying to this message is
sufficient if your mail program honors the Reply-To header.
For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see .
More information about the announce