Heads up on Build 23
Kelly.Ohair at Sun.COM
Fri Oct 26 08:55:15 PDT 2007
What to expect with the jdk7 promotion of Build 23 coming up very soon.
* The "j2se" directory has been renamed to "jdk".
* The use of the patterns "j2se" and "J2SE" have been changed to "jdk" and "JDK"
in the Makefiles. (With some remaining and necessary exceptions).
* There are no more SCCS keywords (with some very minor exceptions)
* The .java. .cpp, .hpp, .c, and .h files should no longer have TAB
characters and the whitespace in these files have been normalized
(^M's removed, trailing blanks on lines removed, etc.)
* The control/make directory was pushed down a level to accomodate the
removal of the control workspace in Mercurial, and movement of these
files into the top level enclosing Mercurial repository.
A few fixes went into Build 23 above and beyond the above changes.
Some fixes for partial build problems from the j2se/make (or "jdk/make")
directory, and a bug in hotspot that caused a javac compilation problem on
64bit when using Build 22.
Also, the jaxws files in Build 23 will have JAXWS 2.0 again, this is temporary.
These Build 23 files will be the starting point for our Mercurial repositories.
Expect more information on this in the coming days ahead.
More information about the build-dev