Need reviewers - 6856630: Restructure jaxp repository
Kelly.Ohair at Sun.COM
Fri Aug 7 22:56:36 UTC 2009
6856630: Restructure jaxp/jaxws repositories
Goal is to ease the jaxp integration into jdk7.
The JAXP team would make the jdk7 source drop bundles available,
and integration into jdk7 would involve the modifications of
some properties in jaxp/build.properties to use the selected bundles.
* 'ant source' populates the drop source and would be run prior to
the creation of larger source bundles for openjdk7 and jdk7.
* Test bundle specifics and how the tests are run are TBD
* Original jaxp source is still in the "src/" directory and after
some soak time will be deleted from the repository or moved aside.
* Formal builds can use ALT_JAXP_SOURCE_BUNDLE to select the bundle.
* The same basic mechanism would be used for jaxws.
More information about the build-dev