RFR 7142950: jdk7u cannot bootstrap Mac OS build [macosx]
michael.x.mcmahon at oracle.com
Mon Feb 6 14:31:21 PST 2012
There are a few problems with the Mac build at the moment.
1. If SKIP_BOOT_CYCLE=false then the build fails, due to two problems:-
1) top level Makefile doesn't know about Mac OS image directory
2) it also fails due to problem 2. below
2. General bootstrapping problem. The build currently cannot use itself as
the bootstrap JDK due to an assumption in the framework classes that
"os.arch" is x86_64, whereas we currently set it to amd64. The
change is to
fix that code to expect amd64. There is a related question then
about what the
correct value for os.arch should be. I'd like to raise this in a
and hopefully fix these build problems independently of that.
3. jvm.cfg is currently being taken from the solaris src tree even though
a macos version of the file is there. Fix that problem too. The macos
source jvm.cfg is changed to be the same as the solaris/amd64 version
(ie. the one that was being used, and which makes -client UNKNOWN)
The following webrevs address these issues.
Top level repo
More information about the build-dev