Request for Review: Chain more Exceptions (RuntimeException)
mike.duigou at oracle.com
Thu Aug 18 16:48:50 PDT 2011
I will echo Joe's comments about putting the "|" at the end of the line rather than at the beginning of the next line.
Not a comment on your patch but some of the use of raw RuntimeException is rather weak. I saw a few cases where IllegalStateException or UnsupportedOperationException would be a better choice
- I don't think the "+ e" is necessary.
- I don;t think the "+ e.getMessage()" is necessary.
- Same for " + exp.toString()"
(and perhaps elsewhere)
- You might want to use (e.getMessage(), e) variant rather than just the (Throwable) constructor if previously the message was initialized.
- @since 1.8 seems incorrect.
Very good cleanup on the rest!
On Aug 17 2011, at 22:01 , Sebastian Sickelmann wrote:
> i have created a fix for fixing Exception-Chains in case of an rethrown RuntimeException.
> I am not quite sure if this is inside the scope of what i discussed with Joe. But it is
> fixed in the same manner as the patches there.
> Someone who wants to review / sponsor this?
> -- Sebastian
>  http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2011-August/007304.html
>  http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2011-August/007399.html
More information about the core-libs-dev