Fix for JDK Double.parseDouble infinite loop

Mark Wielaard mark at
Wed Feb 2 12:30:40 PST 2011

On Wed, 2011-02-02 at 20:02 +0000, Alan Bateman wrote:
> Andrew Haley wrote:
> > The post on
> >

> > describes a (on first sight) trivial bug when parsing strings into
> > Java Double objects.
> Thanks for the analysis and patch. We also have a fix from Dmitry
> Nadezhin that he posted here some time ago (but fell through the cracks
> for some reason). I expect this issue will be fixed soon.

Wow, I did some digging to find this. And it was reported back in 2001
There is even a suggested fix in the report.

Dmitry Nadezhin posted about it on the list in 2009:

If people are looking into floating point issues now, it might be good
to also take a look at the other issues he mentioned in 2010 when he
proposed a Math subproject for OpenJDK: