Review: JDK 8 CR for Support Integer overflow
Roger.Riggs at oracle.com
Mon Feb 6 21:16:21 UTC 2012
Thanks for the review and comments:
The comments and suggestions are included in the updated webrev:
* Corrected error in multipleExact(long,long) with the special case
Long.MIN_VALUE * -1.
* Verified that retaining the optimization for small (2^31) arguments
not doing the divide saves about 1/2 on the execution time.
* Removed the negateExact methods since they don't pull their weight
in the API,
simple tests for MIN_VALUE and MAX_VALUE can be done by the
developer more efficiently.
* Simplified the arguments to the ArithmeticExceptions to be simple
debugging this kind of exception requires the source code.
* Expanded the comments in the implementation include descriptions and
references to the Hackers Delight where they are used.
* Updated the tests to include missing test cases
More comments, please
More information about the core-libs-dev