Code Review Request 7142596: RMI JPRT tests are failing
darryl.mocek at oracle.com
Thu Jul 5 21:22:29 UTC 2012
Hello core-libs. Please review this webrev to fix Bugs #7142596 and
7161503. Webrev can be found here:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dmocek/7142596/webrev.02. This commit fixes
concurrency issues with the RMI tests.
- Added TestLibrary.createRegistryOnUnusedPort method. This creates an
RMIRegistry on an unused port. It will try up to 10 times before giving up.
- Added a TestLibrary.getRegistryPort(Registry) method to get the port
number of the registry.
- Changed almost all tests from using hard port numbers to using random
port numbers for running the RMI Registry and RMID.
- Removed othervm from those tests which don't need it.
- Added parameters for tests which spawn a separate VM to pass RMI
Registry and RMID ports in cases where needed.
- Added PropertyPermission to security policy files where needed.
- Removed java/rmi and sun/rmi from tests which cannot be run concurrently.
- Added java/rmi/Naming to list of tests which cannot be run concurrently.
More information about the core-libs-dev