Request for review: 6896617: Optimize sun.nio.cs.ISO_8859_1$Encode.encodeArrayLoop() on x86
Ulf.Zibis at CoSoCo.de
Sat Jan 12 08:37:33 UTC 2013
Am 11.01.2013 23:53, schrieb Christian Thalinger:
> But you guys noticed that sentence in the initial review request, right?
> "Move encoding loop into separate method for which VM will use intrinsic on x86."
> Just wanted to make sure ;-)
Good question Christian!
This is, how it shows up to me:
1) The bug synopsis is unspecific about intrinsc, so ...
2) the mentioned 1st sentence could be one of many solutions.
3) bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6896617 ==> This bug is not available.
4) What specific operation should be done by the intrinsic, i.e. is there a fixed API for that
5) Can an intrinsic write back more than 1 value (see my hack via int p) ?
6) Vladimir's webrev shows an integer as return type for that method, I've added a variant with
boolean return type, and the code from my last approach could be transformed to a method with Object
... so waiting for Vladimir's feedback :-[
(especially on performance/hsdis results)
(Can someone push the bug to the public?)
More information about the core-libs-dev