RFR 8009581: Xpathexception does not honor initcause()
aleksej.efimov at oracle.com
Fri May 31 13:43:42 UTC 2013
I'll move the tests to jdk/test/javax/xml/jaxp/XPath/ 8009579 in next
version of webrev for JDK8. For JDK7 the tests will be in the same
folder after Daniel's change.
Correct, I'm using the backport ID only for review in this alias, for
commits and test header will use the main bug ID. Thanks for bringing
this to my attention.
On 05/29/2013 03:25 AM, huizhe wang wrote:
> Hi Aleksej,
> Please note that in jdk8 repo, we've added jdk/test/javax/xml/jaxp to
> hold all new tests for jaxp. All of the existing tests will be
> migrated to this place in the future. In your case, the new test can
> be created under a new folder jdk/test/javax/xml/jaxp/XPath/8009579.
> Daniel's change request 8008738 will also add that in JDK7 repo., so
> please coordinate with Daniel when your patch is ready for JDK7.
> I noticed that you're using the 'backport' bug id for this review.
> According to the process, all commits shall use the main ID.
> On 5/28/2013 7:30 AM, Aleksej Efimov wrote:
>> You are absolutely right and my fault that I didn't tested the
>> compatibility of new/old versions.
>> I have tested it with JDK 8(without fix) as a serializer and JDK 8
>> (with fix) as deserializer. The behavior was as you expected. Thanks
>> for catching it.
>> I'll wait for other comments before generating another webrev.
>> On 05/28/2013 05:41 PM, Jason Mehrens wrote:
>>> > Alan, David,
>>> > thank you for comments - I also agree with all of them. And as a
>>> result v3:
>>> > http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dmeetry/8009581/webrev.3/
>>> > >> I think this looks better. I assume that since the
>>> super.getCause() is
>>> > >> null that there is no need to handle IllegalStateException now.
>>> You can still generate a ISE inside readObject by performing "new
>>> XPathException(new Exception()).initCause(null)" in the old code and
>>> then reading that in the new patch. In the new code that line would
>>> fail fast.
More information about the core-libs-dev