RFR(M): 8024265: Enable new build on AIX (jdk part)
volker.simonis at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 15:20:50 UTC 2013
could you please review the following webrev which contains the changes
needed in the 'jdk' repository in order to build the OpenJDK on AIX:
With this change and "8024854: Basic changes and files to build the class
library on AIX <http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=8024854>"
it will be possible to configure and completely build the staging
repository on AIX 5.3 and 7.1 with the following command:
configure --with-boot-jdk=<jdk-image> --with-jvm-variants=core
The webrev for 8024854 will follow within the next days...
Below you can find the changes and additions I've done, sorted by file.
Most of them are just additions which are only active during the AIX build
anyway or simple changes where AIX has been added to conditions which
already check for Linux and/or Solaris. Therefore, IMHO the impact on the
existing platforms is really minimal.
Thank you and best regards,
- Add AIX-specific class list.
- Add corresponding AIX-files to the list of exclude files for non-AIX
- Statically link libjli on AIX because xlc on AIX doesn't support the
- Add required flags for AIX (i.e. by specifying CFLAGS_aix and
- Add corresponding AIX-files to the LIBATTACH_EXCLUDE_FILES list of
exclude files for non-AIX builds.
- Specify BUILD_LIBNIO_FILES and BUILD_LIBNIO_MAPFILE for the AIX build.
- Statically link libjli on AIX becasue xlc on AIX doesn't support the
- Specify -DX_PLATFORM=X_AIX in the LIBJSOUND_CFLAGS on AIX.
- Specify AIX-specific fontconfig-settings.
- Use platform-independent $(COMPILER_TARGET_BITS_FLAG) variable
(introduced by change "8024265: Enable new build on AIX (top level
instead of hard-coded
- Add currently unused but required dummy mapfiles for AIX build.
More information about the core-libs-dev