Review request: JDK-8062556: Add jdk tests for JDK-8058322 and JDK-8058313
eric.mccorkle at oracle.com
Mon Nov 3 15:42:40 UTC 2014
I have been having issues with webrev, which I reported earlier. Webrev
reports a syntax error when I try to use it, and curiously, it fails to
produce top-level files in this case (and this case only, as evidenced
by my other webrevs).
Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about the missing top-level
files; however, you can still look at the individual files just fine.
On 11/02/14 23:50, David Holmes wrote:
> Hi Erik,
> webrevs still broken for some reason.
> On 1/11/2014 12:01 AM, Eric McCorkle wrote:
>> I went through and added comments in the binary data indicating where
>> the MethodParameters attributes are, and a breakdown of their contents.
>> I went ahead and did this for all the bad class files, not just the new
>> There is a larger picture here: there's an outstanding task I filed
>> around the time these tests were written to find a better way for
>> langtools to run jtreg tests that involve bad class files.
>> Unfortunately, doing that is rather difficult, as you can see. The only
>> real way to do it is to generate a class file, convert it to signed
>> bytes (you can't even use hex; you get an unsigned/signed byte
>> conversion problem), then modify the data by hand. The intent is to
>> replace this with a better method at some point.
> OK. New comments an improvement.
> Please give the new test the correct initial copyright year of 2014. I
> know updates to the year are handled automatically (eventually) but we
> should at least have things correct to start with.
>> On 10/30/14 21:59, David Holmes wrote:
>>> Hi Erik,
>>> On 31/10/2014 9:41 AM, Eric McCorkle wrote:
>>>> Please review this patch which adds tests to the JDK test suite for two
>>>> reflection bugs that require hotspot changes (JDK-8058322 and
>>>> The webrev is here:
>>> I second Brian's comment re the source of the bad classes.
>>> Your webrev is broken btw - no top-level html files.
>>> The new test needs a copyright year of 2014 not 2013.
More information about the core-libs-dev