RFR 9: 8171940 Incorrect statement about an absolute value of months unit after period's normalization
Roger.Riggs at Oracle.com
Fri Dec 23 18:10:03 UTC 2016
Please review a simple javadoc fix for normalizing java.time.Period.
Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and a Happy New Year.
--- old/src/java.base/share/classes/java/time/Period.java 2016-12-23
+++ new/src/java.base/share/classes/java/time/Period.java 2016-12-23
@@ -1,5 +1,5 @@
- * Copyright (c) 2012, 2013, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights
+ * Copyright (c) 2012, 2016, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights
* DO NOT ALTER OR REMOVE COPYRIGHT NOTICES OR THIS FILE HEADER.
* This code is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
@@ -818,7 +818,7 @@
* Returns a copy of this period with the years and months normalized.
* This normalizes the years and months units, leaving the days
- * The months unit is adjusted to have an absolute value less than 11,
+ * The months unit is adjusted to have an absolute value less than 12,
* with the years unit being adjusted to compensate. For example,
a period of
* "1 Year and 15 months" will be normalized to "2 years and 3
More information about the core-libs-dev