[9] RFR: 8165605: Thai resources in jdk.localedata cause split package issue with java.base

Naoto Sato naoto.sato at oracle.com
Fri Sep 9 16:28:23 UTC 2016

The build tool is getting the output directory as a parameter and that 
also need to be tweaked. That output directory path is specified in the 
makefile which I wanted to avoid.


On 9/8/16 4:31 PM, Masayoshi Okutsu wrote:
> Is it just a matter of an extra step, new File(path).getName()?
> Masayoshi
> On 9/9/2016 12:00 AM, Naoto Sato wrote:
>> Well, actually I tried this approach first, then found out that the
>> data files are also used by the GenerateBreakIteratorData build tool
>> which has some implicit assumption of the value being the file name
>> w/o path. So I ended up with the fix.
>> Naoto
>> On 9/8/16 5:46 AM, Alan Bateman wrote:
>>> On 08/09/2016 03:51, Masayoshi Okutsu wrote:
>>>> I thought Mandy suggested that the dictionary names in a
>>>> ResourceBundle contain path names rather than base names, something
>>>> like this:
>>>> In BreakIteratorInfo_th.java:
>>>>             {"WordDictionary", "thai_dict"},
>>>> to
>>>>             {"WordDictionary", "sun/text/resources/ext/thai_dict"},
>>>> I haven't checked any side effects of this change, though.
>>> That would be cleaner, assuming it doesn't cause issues.
>>> -Alan

More information about the core-libs-dev mailing list