RFR(JAXP): 8165784: Deprecate the internal Catalog API in JDK 9

Daniel Fuchs daniel.fuchs at oracle.com
Wed Sep 14 09:11:57 UTC 2016

Hi Joe,

As much as I would like to support removing obsolete
classes, I wonder if the forRemoval=true is a bit

I see that for instance, com.sun.org.apache.xml.internal.resolver.Catalog
seems to be still used at many places in our code base.

It would be more convincing if we could first make our
own codebase stop using these classes: then we could
be confident that forRemoval=true is the better choice!

best regards,

-- daniel