RFR: 8164479: Update JAX-WS RI integration to latest version

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Mon Sep 26 07:25:31 UTC 2016

On 26/09/2016 00:41, Aleks Efimov wrote:
> Hi Alan, Joe, Mandy, Roman,
> Suggested changes to the comment section (will bring this change to
> standalone JAXB) and to the exported internal API were made:
> com.sun.xml.internal.stream.writers,
> com.sun.org.apache.xml.internal.resolver,
> com.sun.org.apache.xml.internal.resolver.tools dependencies were removed.
> The updated webrev:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~aefimov/8164479/01
Thanks Aleks.

If com.sun.xml.internal.stream.writers is not used directly then I
assume the comment "// reflection access ..." can be removed too.

Do we have any issues tracking the issue of direct access to types in
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.**. Those will need to be addressed
if JAX-WS is to be truely standalone without needing --add-exports
options on the command line.

For java.activation then I assume you can run deps too as it should no
longer need the `requires java.desktop`. Also I think we can improve the
javadoc of CommandInfo.getCommandObject to replace the proposed "If the
current runtime environment supports Beans.instantiate ..." to something
like "If java.beans.Beans is visible ...".