Proposal for New Functionality: Allow module-info merging in

mandy chung mandy.chung at
Wed Dec 6 18:51:28 UTC 2017

Moving this to jigsaw-dev....

On 12/6/17 8:38 AM, Adam Farley8 wrote:
> Hi All,
> Currently, does not allow you to merge extra
> module-info files into the primary module-info file (for a given module)
> at build time.

This tool intends to augment platform-specific
exports/opens/uses/provides but not requires.  It was a design choice we
made that JDK modules are expected to have the same dependences for all
> Put simply; I think it should have this functionality. Can committers
> please review and opine?

Can you explain why you want the module dependences be different on
different platform?  Is it an option to add the requires
src/<module>/share/classes/ ?

The build generates the target dependences based on the requires from   At the moment it does not take into account AFAIU.