Any news from JDK-8151981 in Java8 ?

João Paulo Varandas joaovarandas at
Tue Dec 12 14:20:29 UTC 2017

Hi guys!

We are also experiencing some odd issues here with
setCallSiteTargetNormal with Java8.

Our cenario is:

- Web Application using Tomcat;
- 8 HTTP Threads;
- A single ScriptEngine for the whole application;

When a request hits the server, that request may be processed by a
JavaScript (using Nashorn), this script is evaluated during runtime,
it may run queries(Jdbc) or execute business logic and then return
results(Maps and/or Collections) that are serialized to JSON before
being written to the response.

The problem is... sometimes 7 or more threads are getting stuck in the
setCallSiteTargetNormal method and I have no clue why is that
happening. Could you guys help me out troubleshooting this? - Or, if
there's a bug are there workarounds?

By the way, those are not freshly created ScriptEngines(which differ
from the normal issues related in the internet).

"Esta mensagem, incluindo seus anexos, pode conter informacoes
confidenciais e privilegiadas.
Se voce a recebeu por engano, solicitamos que a apague e avise o remetente
Opinioes ou informacoes aqui contidas nao refletem necessariamente a
posicao oficial da Plusoft."

"Antes de imprimir, pense em sua responsabilidade e compromisso com o MEIO