RFR: jsr166 jdk10 integration wave 6

Doug Lea dl at cs.oswego.edu
Tue Nov 28 18:13:35 UTC 2017

On 11/28/2017 12:50 PM, Paul Sandoz wrote:

>> 8187947: A race condition in SubmissionPublisher
> Need some more time to look at this; it is pleasing to see use of VH.getAndBitwiseOr :-)

Yes; not only is it the technique that allows covering this
borderline-misuse case without slowing down others, but it also
makes for simpler code.
And even on those machines not natively supporting, the internal
CAS or LL/SC loops to implement are likely faster than what we can do
from Java. I plan to update some other j.u.c classes to use it when
applicable (although not immediately).