Review Request JDK-8164512: Replace ClassLoader use of finalizer with phantom reference to unload native library

mandy chung mandy.chung at
Wed Oct 4 23:24:15 UTC 2017

Updated webrev:

JNI FindClass change has been separated from this patch [1]. I made
further clean up to the NativeLibrary implementation and replaced the
use of Vector/Stack.  I also added a native test to verify the native
library can be unloaded and reloaded.

phantom reference, specifically Cleaner, for unloading native
libraries.  It registers the class loader for cleanup only if it's not a
builtin class loader which will never be unloaded.