Review Request JDK-8164512: Replace ClassLoader use of finalizer with phantom reference to unload native library

mandy chung mandy.chung at
Fri Oct 6 19:37:55 UTC 2017

Hi David,

Thanks for raising the lazy initialization issue.  The recent version of in webrev.03 is uploaded in place:

The native libraries map is now created lazily with synchronization.
I keep the lazy initialization that will save to create a CHM as many
custom class loaders don't have native code.  I think it's a good
saving.   In addition, if we iniitialize the static
systemNativeLibraries at <clinit> time, it may want to avoid using CHM
as it changes the class initialization order.