Review Request JDK-8164512: Replace ClassLoader use of finalizer with phantom reference to unload native library

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at
Mon Oct 9 08:20:46 UTC 2017

On 06/10/2017 20:37, mandy chung wrote:
> :
> The native libraries map is now created lazily with
> synchronization.    I keep the lazy initialization that will save to
> create a CHM as many custom class loaders don't have native code.  I
> think it's a good saving.   In addition, if we iniitialize the static
> systemNativeLibraries at <clinit> time, it may want to avoid using CHM
> as it changes the class initialization order.
Alternatively change nativeLibraries and systemNativeLibraries to
volatile so the synchronization is only needed to initialize them.
Otherwise this version (webrev.03) looks good to me.