Getting a live view of environment variables (Gradle and JDK 9)

Mario Torre neugens.limasoftware at
Thu Oct 12 12:54:03 UTC 2017

> 1. an API in 18.3 which would let us refresh the environment variables,
> even if inherently unsafe (we can take the risk, if the Javadocs explains
> that if you're really unlucky calling such a method could kill your VM).

Being a public API we would expose everyone to this risk, and the API
should be supported on all platforms maybe forever. I know other
people have different opinion here, but this seems to be high risk,
high impact to be worth.

> 2. we change the way Gradle works and force explicit declaration of all
> environment variables a user script can use. Then, we would only spawn a
> new VM if the current daemon environment variables do not match those
> required found by the client.

pgp key: PGP Key ID: 80F240CF
Fingerprint: BA39 9666 94EC 8B73 27FA  FC7C 4086 63E3 80F2 40CF

Java Champion - Blog: - Twitter: @neugens
Proud GNU Classpath developer:

Please, support open standards: