8193818 : Remove unused single_step field from java.lang.Thread
Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Thu Feb 15 11:42:21 UTC 2018
On 19/12/2017 11:06, Alan Bateman wrote:
> I've been going through the fields in java.lang.Thread and I'm
> wondering if this field can be removed:
> /* Whether or not to single_step this thread. */
> private boolean single_step;
> This field was used in the original Classic VM (pre-OpenJDK history).
> It doesn't appear to be used in the HotSpot VM.
> Does anyone know of any reason to keep it? Are there other VMs using
> it by any chance?
No one screamed so I'd like to go ahead and remove this field. I've
created JDK-8193818 to track it, the change (below) is trivial.
@@ -1,5 +1,5 @@
- * Copyright (c) 1994, 2017, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights
+ * Copyright (c) 1994, 2018, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights
* DO NOT ALTER OR REMOVE COPYRIGHT NOTICES OR THIS FILE HEADER.
* This code is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
@@ -150,9 +150,6 @@
private Thread threadQ;
private long eetop;
- /* Whether or not to single_step this thread. */
- private boolean single_step;
/* Whether or not the thread is a daemon thread. */
private boolean daemon = false;
More information about the core-libs-dev