Thread.interrupted() spec is confusing

Tagir Valeev amaembo at
Sun Feb 18 10:17:08 UTC 2018

A Thread.interrupted() static method (not to be confused with
Thread.isInterrupted() instance method) spec states:

     * <>
    * <p>A thread interruption ignored because a thread was not alive
    * at the time of the interrupt will be reflected by this method
    * returning false.

The Thread.interrupted() always applies to the current thread. I don't
understand how it's possible that a current thread is not alive. To me this
note is redundant and should be removed. Am I missing something?

With best regards,
Tagir Valeev.