RFR: 8193710 - jcmd -l and jps commands do not list Java processes running in Docker containers

mandy chung mandy.chung at oracle.com
Mon Jan 22 18:32:32 UTC 2018

On 1/22/18 9:20 AM, Bob Vandette wrote:
> :
> Webrev:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~bobv/8193710/webrev.02/

Thanks for the update.  Looks good to me.

It would be good to add a comment in PlatformSupport::getInstance to
explain that PlatformSupport provides the default implementation that
can be overridden by a platform-specific version PlatformSupportImpl, if

We discussed that PlatformSupport::getLocalVmId could throw IAE rather
than NumberFormatException if the given file is invalid. This carries
from existing jvmstat code and so agree to leave it as a future clean
up.  PlatformSupportImpl::getTemporaryDirectories can be simplified with
java.nio.file.Path but what you have is fine with me.