8198888: Reduce string allocation churninInvokerBytecodeGenerator

Claes Redestad claes.redestad at oracle.com
Thu Mar 1 20:56:15 UTC 2018

On 2018-03-01 20:45, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> Cool, the lastClass varient then is pretty tempting (and I wont fix the multi-slot Version below, it misses a „lastUsedSlot“ field)

yes, for the startup metrics I'm concerned with then a single element
implementation is even ever so slightly better:

> Unrelated to this patch I feel that unifying internal names and external names will be a hard task, so Class#getInternalName() looks temting for a lot of similiar usecases mid term.

See Paul's replies elsewhere in this thread about ongoing work on a
symbolic ref API, which may end up allowing us to express these things
without having to go via smelly string representations.