Debra.Scott at Sun.COM
Wed Jan 9 16:25:43 PST 2008
I'd like to get people's thoughts on the documentation
for the JDK platform.
* How many people feel it is important for the the docs to be open
sourced so the community can contribute to them?
* How many people have seen at least one occasion
where they would have added something to the
documentation, or made a correction, if they
had been able? (a large or small percentage?)
* Given that we need documentation in a structured
format that allows for content sharing and multiple
delivery vehicles, does anyone have any recommendations
for a system that is both easily editable, like a
Wiki, and easily repurposable, like XML-structured
* If so, do people know of conversion tools, and/or
would they be willing to help with conversions?
* If not, would they be willing to participate in the
development of such a system?
-Thanks for your feedback,
Debra Scott 39 Golden Wheat Ln
Manager of Java SE Documentation Wrightstown, WI 54180
Information Products Group Phone: 877-219-2362 x51743
Global Product Development & Operations, Sun Microsystems, Inc
More information about the discuss