[RFC][Icedtea-web] Add cache viewer for control panel.
omajid at redhat.com
Tue Dec 14 10:41:12 PST 2010
On 12/13/2010 05:08 PM, Andrew Su wrote:
> I have attached a patch which adds a cache viewer for looking at the
> cache directory (specified by deployments.properties).
> This allows the user to view and delete the contents in the cache folder.
> It displays the name of the file, the path to the file, the protocol the
> file was obtained from, the domain which this file came from, file size
> and date last modified.
Overall, it looks fine. But I do have a few suggestions on how it can be
- Please update the patch so it builds with current HEAD. All that is
required is changing the imports from
- Please make the cache viewer window resizable. It's quite hard to see
the full path and the full domain without changing the window size.
- The size column doesn't specify the units of the size (is that bytes?)
- I would like to be able to sort by columns.
- Some javadoc comments seem to diverge from the code style guidelines
 without good reason. Please fix that.
- Is there a reason you use Vectors rather than ArrayLists? Vectors
synchronize all of their operations, which is going to be slower.
- Can you split out methods that traverse the cache from this cache
viewer? It might be more appropriate to create a new class in
net.sourceforge.jnlp.cache for this.
More information about the distro-pkg-dev