easy contribution opportunity: FreeType port to BeOS
andrewbachmann at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 10:20:46 PDT 2008
On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 3:26 AM, Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold at gmx.de> wrote:
> Haiku does already use FreeType 2.3.5. According to its Jamfile building
> BeOS should be supported, too.
It'd be nice to have a standalone install to simpify the barrier to entry on
for the port. I'm currently working on a short document listing the
this could be the last one.
Anyway, since the target of the OpenJDK is Haiku I'd recommend giving
> developing under Haiku a try, if you can.
Maybe it is just the recent version, but although Haiku seems pretty stable
for most things, I ran into a few problems:
1. many file operations exhaust RAM, causing Haiku to crash
2. while doing file/network operations, Haiku can crash
3. when Haiku crashes, the filesystem gets corrupted sometimes, becoming
4. builds/shell operations sometimes seize up (this is that "fix by zoom"
5. I'm not aware of a set of development tools for Haiku. (headers, libs,
As Bryan mentioned, I was able to get the earlier version of java for BeOS
to run on
Haiku with minor changes. Currently I'm working in the build system, which
be fairly compatible. Also, I'm not too interested in working out the kinks
at this very moment. So, I'm going to stick with BeOS as my base
platform for the time being.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the haiku-port-dev