for review (L): 6815692: method handle cleanups (part A)
John.Rose at Sun.COM
Wed Jul 29 02:35:11 PDT 2009
The JSR 292 code for the JavaOne Preview needs a number of low-level
fixes and tweaks. They are organized in two batches.
Here is the first batch, for method handles (not invokedynamic). My
previous review request sent out essentially the same webrev, but
erroneously tied to the sister bug 6858164 for invokedynamic.
6815692: method handle code needs some cleanup (post-6655638)
285 lines changed: 166 ins; 12 del; 107 mod; 13569 unchg
Summary: These are fixes for method handles proper.
- correctly raise exceptions
- support safe bitwise "raw" conversions (e.g., int -> void)
- fix bugs (various, small) revealed by VerifyMethodHandles
- remove dead code
- improve debugging support
Still to follow:
- more bug fixes to the invokedynamic instruction
- compiler support for invokedynamic
- inlining of method handles
- API adjustments that affect the JVM (mainly, removing private
- ports to x64, SPARC
- compressed oop support
More information about the hotspot-compiler-dev