JVMCI 0.50, 0.51, 0.52 released
doug.simon at oracle.com
Fri Nov 16 23:14:34 UTC 2018
There have been 3 quick JVMCI releases in a row. The main reason for this is that 0.50 introduced noticeable performance regressions in GraalVM's native-image command. The 0.51 and 0.52 releases fixed this.
This release introduces all the changes needed for libgraal. Note that the corresponding OpenJDK changes are still a work in progress and have not yet been targeted to a JDK release.
• GR-12496: Address JVMCI performance issues
• GR-12460: HotSpotJVMCIRuntime.RegisterNativeMethods should not require use of Unsafe on returned value.
• GR-11747: Check for spaces in MKS_HOME when building JVMCI.
• GR-12579: Do not create java.lang.reflect.Method for <clinit>
• GR-12542: Use CompilerToVM to convert JVMCI objects to reflection objects.
The above 2 also correspond to https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8213907
The OracleJDK based binaries will soon be available at:
The OpenJDK Linux and macOS binaries are at:
More information about the hotspot-compiler-dev