Question on status of a few bugs in OpenJDK 6
rednaxelafx at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 03:37:14 PST 2012
Guess I'm asking on the wrong list, but I don't know which list I should be
sending this to for OpenJDK 6-only issues. The jdk6-dev list is mostly
silent now, doesn't seem to be the right place, neither.
Maybe I should be asking the sustaining team?
I was looking at what changes went into recent OpenJDK 6 releases. Turns
out OpenJDK 6 build 23 is the closest version to JDK 6 update 25, and
OpenJDK 6b24 is the closest version to 6u30. Reading through the release
changes , though, tells that:
1. The loop optimization bug that crashes the VM is fixed:
7070134: Hotspot crashes with sigsegv from PorterStemmer
2. A few other related bugs aren't included in OpenJDK 6 yet, as of now:
5091921: Sign flip issues in loop optimizer
7052494: Eclipse test fails on JDK 7 b142
7004535: Clone loop predicate during loop unswitch
7068051: SIGSEGV in PhaseIdealLoop::build_loop_late_post on T5440
7044738: Loop unroll optimization causes incorrect result
7077439: Possible reference through NULL in loopPrdicate.cpp:726
I suppose some of these fixes are actually in the product JDK 6u29+
already, like 7044738.
* Could anyone help identify whether these bugs affect OpenJDK 6 or not?
* If they do, what are the plans for porting the fixes back to OpenJDK 6?
* And what is the general plan for future maintence of OpenJDK 6?
* Is there any place in the public that we can track what's going to be
backported into OpenJDK 6?
* Will it sort of EOL along with the product JDK 6?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the hotspot-dev