RFR (M): 8029396: PPC64 (part 212): Several memory ordering fixes in C-code.
goetz.lindenmaier at sap.com
Mon Dec 2 08:51:49 PST 2013
This change contains a row of fixes to the memory ordering in runtime, GC etc.
- Accessing arrays in CMS (compactibleFreeListSpace.cpp)
- CMS: Do release when marking a card dirty. The release must only be done if GC is running. (several files)
- Method counter initialization (method.hpp).
- Order accessing f1/f2 in constant pool cache.
- Release stores in OopMapCache constructor (instanceKLass.cpp).
- BiasedLocking: Release setting object header to displaced mark.
- Release state of nmethod sweeper (sweeper.cpp).
- Do barriers when writing the thread state (thread.hpp).
Please review and test this change.
If requested, I can part this into smaller changes. But for now
I wanted to put them all into one change as they all address the
problems with the PPC memory model.
More information about the hotspot-dev