RFR(L): 8077838: Recent developments for ppc.
goetz.lindenmaier at sap.com
Wed Apr 22 09:34:49 UTC 2015
this change contains recent changes in the ppc directory mostly made by SAP.
It's a ppc-only change.
- Recognition of Power 8 processors (by Tiago Sturmer Daitx).
- Support for more new Power 8 instructions.
- Support for transactional memory. This is implemented but not yet tested
thoroughly due to limitiations of the OS support. Not enabled.
- java.lang.math.*Exact intrinsics
- Some C2 optimizations and fixes:
* Handling of flag registers. Some instructions would lead to uncompilable
methods due to not allocatable register patterns.
* Free some integer registers to use them for allocation. Handle compressed
oops base as constant.
* Unscaled class compression.
- Type profiling fixes.
Please review this change.
More information about the hotspot-dev