RFR(L): JDK-8046936 : JEP 270: Reserved Stack Areas for Critical Sections
karen.kinnear at oracle.com
Fri Nov 20 18:44:26 UTC 2015
Code review for web revs you sent out.
Code looks good. I am not as familiar with the compiler code.
I realize you need to check in at least a subset of the java.util.concurrent changes for
the test to work, so maybe I should not have asked Doug about his preference there.
I am impressed you found a way to make a reproducible test!
1. src/cpu/sparc/vm/interp_masm_sparc.cpp line 1144 “is” -> “if”
2. IIRC, due to another bug with windows handling of our guard pages, this
is disabled for Windows. Would it be worth putting a comment in the
bug , 8067946, that once this is fixed, the reserved stack logic on windows
will need testing before enabling?
3. In get_frame_at_stack_banging_point on Linux, BSD and solaris_x86 if
this is in interpreter code, you explicitly return the Java sender
of the current frame. I was expecting to see that on Solaris_sparc and Windows
as well? I do see the assertion in caller that you do have a java frame.
4. test line 83 “writtent” -> “written”
5. I like the way you set up the preallocated exception and then set the message - we may
try that for default methods in future.
6. I had a memory that you had found a bug in safe_for_sender - did you already check that in?
7. I see the change in trace.xml, and I see an include added to SharedRuntime.cpp,
but I didn’t see where it was used - did I just miss it?
More information about the hotspot-dev