RFR(S) : 8166925 : several native TESTs should be changed to TEST_VM
igor.ignatyev at oracle.com
Fri Sep 30 15:34:55 UTC 2016
> 109 lines changed: 0 ins; 0 del; 109 mod;
could you please review this patch which fixes type of tests? the fix is basically 's/TEST/TEST_VM/‘.
there are several tests which depend on initialized JVM, but do not declare it (by using TEST_VM macros). here is the list of those tests along w/ observations where/when they need JVM:
1. all arrayOopDesc tests use arrayOopDesc::header_size_in_bytes which depends on a jvm state, it reads HeapWordSize and UseCompressedClassPointers and furthermore has an assert which checks that their values haven't changed.
2. all utilities/json tests use tty variable (as JSON::_st field), tty initialization is a port of jvm initialization.
3. SymbolTable.temp_new_symbol calls JavaThread::current()
4. LogFileOutput tests use ResourceMark which calls JavaThread::current()
5. LogDecorations.level, uptime, tags and timestamps tests directly or indirectly call os::javaTimeNanos() which assumes that some structures, e.g. Bsd::_timebase_info, are inited
6. LogConfigurationTest tests require ResourceMark or os::javaTimeNanos
More information about the hotspot-dev