Take 2 : CRR: 7027766: G1: introduce flag to dump the liveness information per region at the end of marking (S)

Tony Printezis tony.printezis at oracle.com
Tue Mar 29 16:21:15 UTC 2011

Hi all,

First, thanks to Igor for a very prompt review.

After I opened the previous version for code review I realized that if
we want to create any graphs based on this information having the
information about all the regions in a humongous region series grouped
into a single region (which is what I did before) will make the parser
work a bit harder to extract the per-region information (and we'd like
that information to track what happens to an individual region over
time). So, I changed the output format to show the information for
humongous regions separately for each individual region.

Here's a quick summary of the changes:

- Now there are two tags for humongous regions: HUMS (starts humongous)
and HUMC (continues humongous)
- I removed the capacity per-region as now all the regions have the same
capacity which is the region size. So we can save some space there.
- Minor cosmetic changes.
- I actually turned the flag off by default (I had accidentally set its
default value to true before).

Latest webrev here:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~tonyp/7027766/webrev.1/

I attached example output from the new workspace (64-bit this time, and
I made sure it also includes some humongous regions).

Tony