RFR (S): 8025441: G1: assert "assert(thread < _num_vtimes) failed: just checking" fails when G1ConcRefinementThreads > ParallelGCThreads
thomas.schatzl at oracle.com
Thu Sep 26 20:05:09 UTC 2013
can I have reviews for the following small change? It fixes the wrong
use of ParallelGCThreads (i.e. the number of gc worker threads) when
initializing the data structure that stores the remembered set summary
information, that should use the number of refinement threads.
The change in particular changes the following:
- use the correct thread count value (number of concurrent refinement
threads vs. parallel gc threads).
- do not initialize the "initial" remembered set summary if
G1SummarizeRSetStats is not set (this lead to the crash).
- G1RemSetSummary::initialize() does not take a number of threads
parameter any more. It has been the same in all invocations anyway, and
it's always the same value too.
- use ConcurrentG1Refine::thread_num(), the number of concurrent
refinement threads, to size the cpu usage statistics array instead of
G1RemSet::n_workers(), which is the number of GC workers.
- jtreg test case that not only tests various combinations of
G1ConcRefinementThreads and ParallelGCThreads, but also checks that the
RS thread times output is there, and correct (number of entries).
JPRT, jtreg test case
More information about the hotspot-gc-dev