RFR (XS): 80357290: Code using assert(is_oop_or_null) needs better error messages
thomas.schatzl at oracle.com
Wed Aug 6 09:24:23 UTC 2014
On Wed, 2014-08-06 at 10:28 +0200, Marcus Larsson wrote:
> Can I have reviews for this small change adding oop information to
> is_oop_or_null assert fail messages?
not sure what the other think, but is it worth to try to make the
error messages themselves be more uniform?
While I do not want to be all the same, we have:
1) expected an oop or NULL
2) expected an oop or NULL:
3) Not an oop? (
4) check for header:
5) should be an oop now:
6) Object should be whole at this point:
7) Not an oop:
8) discovered field is bad:
9) bad referent:
10) bad next field:
11) bad discovered field:
12) should always be an oop:
- Capitalize the first letter of the sentences
- change 1 to "Expected an oop or NULL at "
- replace 2,3,5,6,7,12 by 1
- change 4,9-11 to "Expected an oop for <type> field at "
Otherwise the change is good.
More information about the hotspot-gc-dev