RFR(S): 8066143 [TESTBUG] : New tests in gc/survivorAlignment/ fails
filipp.zhinkin at oracle.com
Thu Dec 4 16:40:20 UTC 2014
please review the fix for 8066143.
- newly developed tests on survivor alignment failed w/ client VM and
- test on the command line option fails w/ +IgnoreUnrecognizedVMOptions.
- gc/survivorAlignment tests verifies that objects promoted to survivor space
occupies some specific amount of space depending on SurvivorAlignmentInBytes
To make sure that there will be enough space to fit all these objects,
tests specify [Max]NewSize values. In some cases (like Client VM and
initial heap sizecould be smaller then specified NewSize and it will be resized,
thus survivor space usage in some cases may be less then expected,
just because its size is too small.
- command line option test checks that SurvivorAlignmentInBytes is experimental
and expects that JVM startup willfail w/o +UnlockExperimentalVMOptions specified
on the command line, but a set of command line options used in the test may also
contain +IgnoreUnrecognizedVMOptions specified during a test run and as a result
JVM startup won't fail.
- for all gc/survivirAlignment tests specify InitialHeapSize;
- update command line test to use @require tag in order to avoid incompatible
Bug id: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8066143
Testing: manual & automated
More information about the hotspot-gc-dev