FWD: RFR: 8134626 - Misc cleanups after generation array removal
jesper.wilhelmsson at oracle.com
Mon Aug 31 13:56:54 UTC 2015
While working with the generation array removal I did a bunch of unrelated
cleanups in the code I passed by. I split this out into a separate patch to keep
the other changes clean.
This is mostly GC code, but a few runtime files was touched as well and might
cause merge conflicts with your favorite local repository, so I was advised to
forward this RFR to the runtime list as well.
This change is split into three webrevs to make it easier to review. I intend to
push all three as one change.
Increment 1: Renaming
Changes the variable name gen to young_gen or old_gen depending on what the
variable will contain. The few cases where the name gen is untouched are places
where the variable actually can contain either generation.
Increment 2: Comments and indentation
* Fixes up alignment in lots of places.
* Inserts and removes empty lines where needed.
* Cleans up comments where we previously talked about older and younger
generations. Fixes a few typos and clarifies some comments with respect to
young/old generations and collections.
* Added spaces around some operators.
Increment 3: Code changes
* Merged strings that was split on several lines for no good reason.
* Added braces for if statements and for loops.
* Removed dead code.
* Moved variable initialization to initializer list in CollectedHeap constructor.
* Updated flag descriptions "youngest" -> "young".
More information about the hotspot-gc-dev