JEP 271: Unified GC Logging - Third pre-review
bengt.rutisson at oracle.com
Fri Nov 13 08:56:25 UTC 2015
Here is an updated pre-review for the work for JEP 271 Unified GC Logging.
Now it includes all the logging that I plan on converting for the first
Here are examples from the latest prototype:
The webrev for the changes is available here:
Some changes that have been made:
- GC id is now logged as "GC(5)" instead of the previous "GC#5"
- The CMS and G1 concurrent logging have been homogenized to look
similar. All concurrent phases are start with "Concurrent" and now
- The paused phases now all start with "Pause".
- The log messages from the different collectors now look more similar.
For example "Pause Young" is used for young GCs for all collectors
instead of for example "Young pause" for G1 and "Pause. ParNew" for CMS.
- I've added a line at the start of the log to clearly state what GC is
More information about the hotspot-gc-dev