RFR: 8154153: PS: Restore preserved marks in parallel
thomas.schatzl at oracle.com
Thu Apr 21 11:01:29 UTC 2016
On Wed, 2016-04-13 at 09:24 -0400, Tony Printezis wrote:
> Follow-up change to do preserved mark restoration in parallel in PS:
> I also changed the “Promotion failed” log message from:
> log_info(gc)("Promotion failed”);
> log_info(gc, promotion)("Promotion failed");
> to be consistent with the other GCs.
- renaming of ParRestoreTask to ParRestoreGangTask: no other
AbstractGangTask child class has "Gang" in its name.
I can kind of see the name clashes with "ParRestoreGCTask", but I do
not think it really helps.
Feel free to ignore this, but maybe thinking about this again yields
some better names.
- preservedMarks.cpp needs a memory/resourceArea.hpp include due to the
use of ResourceMark.
- preservedMarks.cpp: line 118, maybe an extra CR makes the code look
- preservedMarks.cpp: line 128: style: if argument list needs to be
split across multiple lines, we (in the gc team) favor one argument per
- some copyrights need updates
I will run it through jprt/some tests.
More information about the hotspot-gc-dev