GC interface update
rkennke at redhat.com
Wed Apr 12 14:46:19 UTC 2017
I spent some more time working on the GC interface prototype and wanted
to share it with you:
- It's now based on JDK10 (specifically,
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk10/hs/hotspot changeset 12853:d276073fda85)
- I focused on better CMS isolation:
- Most CMS specific stuff from GenCollectedHeap now resides in
specific subclass CMSHeap
- Same for CardTableModRefBSForCTRS -> CMSBarrierSet
- Factored everything related to always_do_update_barrier_set into CMS
The JEP is still in 'submitted' state. Would be good to have it moved to
'candidate' at least, so that it gets a number?
Does anybody know a good place where I could put a whole forest to
develop this in?
As always, any feedback is welcome.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the hotspot-gc-dev