10 RFR: 8169517: WhiteBox should provide concurrent GC phase control
kim.barrett at oracle.com
Fri Mar 10 06:37:08 UTC 2017
StefanK and Per had some offline comments too.
* Added WhiteBox.getConcurrentGCPhases().
* Renamed TestConcurrentPhaseControlSupport to
ConcurrentPhaseControlUtil. Simplified usage, eliminating subclassing
and associated function overrides in favor of constructor arguments.
* Moved TestConcurrentPhaseControlBasics and
TestConcurrentPhaseControlG1 to test/gc/whitebox/concurrent_phase_control.
* Added match test between expected phases and actual. This tests the
new getConcurrentGCPhases() function.
* Added ConcurrentGCPhaseManager::Stack, reifying the previously
implicit stack. This simplifies the manager API and G1's usage.
* Added REMARK manager phase for G1, mostly as an example and to make
that section a little more clear.
More information about the hotspot-gc-dev