RFR JDK-8038654: Separate SymbolTable and StringTable code
stefan.karlsson at oracle.com
Fri Apr 25 07:27:53 UTC 2014
On 2014-04-24 22:58, Gerard Ziemski wrote:
> hi all,
> Please review this simple enhancement, which refactors symbolTable
> into symbolTable and stringTable
> No new or removed code.
> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~gziemski/8038654_rev0
> Bug: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8038654
Great to see these two getting separated!
I have some comments about the include directives:
1) Could you make sure that your include statements are sorted?
2) There's a lot of places where you add #include
"classfile/stringTable.hpp" and keep #include
"classfile/symbolTable.hpp", when the SymbolTable isn't used from that
file. Could you try to clean that up so that we only include the file we
3) I don't think stringTable.cpp should be including symbolTable.hpp.
4) stringTable.hpp could forward declare Symbol instead of including
5) Not really related to your change, but at some point we should get
rid of the include of the inline.hpp file in
> Tested with hotspot jtreg, vm.quicklooks and JPRT. Locally builds on
> Mac OS X and Linux.
> Thank you.
More information about the hotspot-runtime-dev